torsdag 11. oktober 2018

Therapeutic (?) writing session

I have a vague memory that writing used to help me feel better on really shitty days. This is a really, really shitty day, in fact, it is the shittiest day I have had in years. I don't really have a good reason for having a shitty day, which somehow enlarges the shittiness of this shitty shithole of a day.

I am going to stop using the word shitty now. Have you noticed that if you use a word enough times in a row, it is somehow stripped of all meaning? It just becomes empty letters on the screen.

This day has felt like I am stuck in a dark, sticky mudhole. The things that usually help make me feel better either just don't work or seem like too much of an effort to even try. I tried playing my guitar. I considered reading. I couldn't muster the energy to change out of my jeans and hit the yoga mat. I did a few headstands, though, which usually help, but somehow I couldn't do it right today. It's like when your mind is out of balance, your physical balance skills are affected as well.

So this isn't helping. I think I'll go buy large quantities of chocolate instead.